The Objectives of award scheme are as under:
- To promote cleanliness, hygiene and Infection Control Practices in public Health Care Facilities.
- To incentivize and recognize such public healthcare facilities that show exemplary performance in adhering to standard protocols of cleanliness and infection control.
- To inculcate a culture of ongoing assessment and peer review of performance related to hygiene, cleanliness and sanitation.
- To create and share sustainable practices related to improved cleanliness in public health facilities linked to positive health outcomes
Number of Awards
- Best two District Hospitals in each state (Best District hospital in small states) in the current FY 2015- 16 & onward
- Best two Community Health Centres/Sub District Hospitals (limited to one in small states) in the next FY & onward (FY 2016-17 onward)
- One Primary Health Centre in every district in the next FY & onward (FY 2016 – 17 onward)