The award would be distributed based on the performance of the facility on the following parameters:-
- Hospital/Facility upkeep
- Sanitation and Hygiene
- Waste Management
- Infection Control
- Support Services
- Hygiene Promotion
Criteria for application to the Awards Scheme:
Following are the prerequisites for applying for an award-
- Constituted a Cleanliness and Infection Control Committee.
- Instituted a mechanism of periodic internal assessment/peer assessment based on defined criteria
- Achieved at least 70% score in the criteria during the peer assessment process
Selection of facilities
- The awards for individual public health facility will be given to those that score the highest based on a set of defined criteria. There will be three sub categories :
- Best District Hospitals– In the Eligible States (States with more than 10 Districts), the number of Awards is based on number of District Hospitals as per following details-
|State||Number of District Hospitals||Number of Awards||Quantum of cash award|
|Category A||10 – 25||One award||Rs. 50.00 lakhs|
|Category B||26 – 50||1st Prize and one runner up prize||a. Rs. 50.00 lakhs – Winner,b. Rs. 20.00 lakhs – Runner-up|
|Category C||> 50||1st Prize and two runners-up prizes||a. Rs. 50.00 lakhs,b. Rs. 20.00 lakhs – Ist Runner-up and c. Rs. 10.00 lakhs – IInd runner-up|
- The Kayakalp winner awards for District Hospitals would not apply to States & UT with less than 10 Districts. However District Hospitals in such States & UTs would be eligible for Commendation award subject to such facilities scoring >70% on External Assessment.
- The winner District Hospitals in the previous year would have to show an improvement in the score by at least 5% from previous year scores. If the winner District Hospital does not meet the said criterion, then it would only receive the commendation award subject to facilities scoring >70%.
- Best CHC/SDH Award– In large state, the top two ranked CHCs / SDHs will receive an award of Rs. Fifteen and Ten Lakhs. For small states, there will be only one award for the best facility in this category.
- Best PHC Award – In every district, the best PHC (24×7) will receive a cash award of Rs. Two Lakhs.
In order to motivate, sustain and improve performance in facilities that score over 70%, but do not make it to the list of award winning facilities in a particular year, a Certificate of Commendation plus cash award would be given as follows:.
- District Hospital 300,000
- CHC / SDH 100,000
- Primary Health Centres 50,000
There is no ceiling on number of commendation awards and size of states & UTs. However selection and nomination of such health facilities would follow similar process, as delineated for the award winning health facilities.